Tools and resources
Use our free tools and resources to help make sure you’re getting workplace laws right.
On this page:
- Information sheets
- Self-audit checklist
- Online learning centre
- Labour hire guides
- Getting help
If you’re in the horticulture industry, use our free templates for piecework:
- Piecework arrangements employer checklist (DOCX) (PDF) – to learn about piecework arrangements and help meet obligations
- Piecework record template (DOCX) (PDF) - to quickly and easily create a piecework record that meets the requirements of the Award
- Piecework timesheet template (DOCX) (PDF) - to help record a pieceworkers’ hours of work, outputs and piece rates
- Piecework reconciliation template (DOCX) (PDF) - to help check that the amount being paid to a pieceworker meets the minimum wage guarantee
Covered by the Wine Award? Use this template: Piecework agreement template – Wine industry
We have a simple and short information sheet that summarises piecework rules under the Horticulture Award. Employers can give this guide to new employees.
Download a copy at Pieceworker rules have changed information sheet (DOCX) (PDF).
Using our interactive tool, growers can check their knowledge of workplace rights and obligations and get tailored help where they identify gaps.
This tool helps to make meeting your workplace obligations quicker and easier in 2 simple steps:
- Answer some questions about your workplace practices.
- Get information and resources tailored to you and your business.
Your answers are anonymous and you can export your results.
Go to the Self-audit checklist now.
We have a range of free and interactive online courses available for growers, intermediaries and employees. Our online courses will teach you skills and strategies to help you at work. This includes:
- Record-keeping and pay slips
- Difficult conversations in the workplace: Manager course
- Difficult conversations in the workplace: Employee course.
Check out our other courses available through our Online learning centre.
If you prefer video, we also have helpful videos explaining key workplace issues affecting the horticulture industry. This includes:
Our YouTube channel also has other general videos available, including on pay, leave and other workplace entitlements.
If you’re using labour hire at your workplace, get our free guides to help check you’re getting a legitimate provider and that they’re complying with workplace laws.
- Guide to labour contracting (DOCX) (PDF) – to learn how to use our 5 steps to select a potential contractor
- Guide to contracting labour for small business (DOCX) (PDF) – for small businesses to checks how to minimise the risk of hiring a non-compliant contractor.
- Guide to monitoring your labour contracting (DOCX) (PDF) – a guide with simple steps to help check whether there are any issues in your existing supply chain
- Guide to self-auditing your business (DOCX) (PDF) – a guide for businesses, contractors and subcontractors to self-audit their business
We have a free and simple website translator you can use:
- Select your language from the options, such as 简体中文, ไทย, or Bahasa Indonesia.
- Go to the top of the page where the white language box is.
- Choose whether you want to translate just this page or the whole website.
If you need to talk to someone, you can speak to us in your own language. Call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450. Tell the operator the language you speak and ask the operator to telephone us on 13 13 94.
If you need help with a workplace issue, you can visit our Getting help page.