We're here to help workers and growers.
On this page:
If you need help to sort out a workplace issue, you can:
- call us on 13 13 94
- tell us about it online at My account.
We can also show you practical steps on how to fix an issue at work yourself. For guidance go to Fixing a workplace problem.
Employer Advisory Service
Our Employer Advisory Service (EAS) gives eligible small businesses free tailored written advice on pay and entitlement issues.
The EAS helps small business employers make informed decisions about employee entitlements and other workplace issues, including:
- entitlements under the National Employment Standards
- award provisions
- other pay and employee entitlements.
The service assists employers in understanding and complying with pay and entitlement obligations under awards and the Fair Work Act.
An employee can’t get into trouble or have their visa cancelled for contacting us. Only the Department of Home Affairs (Home Affairs) can grant, refuse or cancel visas.
We have an arrangement with Home Affairs to support visa holders who come to us for help. Visa holders can seek our help without fear of visa cancellation, even if they’ve breached their work-related visa conditions. This arrangement is called the Assurance Protocol.
Home Affairs usually won’t cancel your visa if you have breached your visa conditions due to workplace exploitation, and:
- you have sought advice or support from us and you are helping us with our inquiries
- there is no other reasons to cancel your visa (for example for national security, character, health or fraud reasons)
- you have committed to following your visa conditions in the future.
Learn more about the Assurance Protocol on our Visa holders and migrants page.
My account is our free online portal that gives you the workplace help and advice you need. With My account, you can:
- make an online enquiry about a workplace issue
- use web chat to get instant advice
- save pay, leave and other calculations
- save other resources to help you.
Are you concerned someone isn’t following workplace laws but don't want to get involved directly? You can make an anonymous report.
Email subscription service
Let the information come to you. Join our email subscription service to:
- keep up-to-date on changes to workplace laws
- customise your preferences to get only the information you need.
Seasonal Worker Programme
Working in Australia under the Seasonal Worker Programme? Visit our Seasonal Worker Programme page.
We have information and services in over 30 languages to help you understand your rights and obligations under Australian workplace laws.
You can read information and watch videos in your language on our Language help pages.
You can read the information on our website in your language. Choose your language from the menu at the top of the page to translate the information. Translation is not available for some pages.
Translating & Interpreting Service
If you need to talk to someone, you can speak to us in your own language. Call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450. Tell the operator the language you speak and ask the operator to telephone us on 13 13 94.