Other government agencies

The Fair Work Ombudsman provides advice and assistance with issues including pay, leave and employment conditions.

For other issues, there are a range of government agencies that can help you. All government agencies can be found at www.australia.gov.au external-icon.png.

Find out who to contact for:

Harvest work information

Harvest Trail Information Service (HTIS)

1800 062 332

Harvest Trail job website 

Back to top

Translation & interpretation 

Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS)

13 14 50

Translating & Interpreting Service 

Back to top

Visas, visa conditions, 88-days of specified work, illegal workers 

Department of Home Affairs

13 18 81

Department of Home Affairs 

Back to top

Checking visa conditions, work rights of visa holders, employer sponsors

Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO)

13 18 81 (visa holders)

1800 040 070 (employers)

Check visa status external-icon.png                

VEVO enquiry form external-icon.png

Back to top

Seasonal Worker Programme

Department of Education, Skills and Employment

(02) 6240 5234

Seasonal Worker Programme external-icon.png

Back to top

Pacific Labour Scheme

Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Pacific Labour Scheme external-icon.png

Back to top

Tax, Tax File Numbers (TFNs), superannuation, Working Holiday Maker Employer Registration

Australian Taxation Office (ATO)

13 28 61 (individuals)

13 28 66 (businesses)

Australian Taxation Office external-icon.png

Back to top

Australian Business Numbers (ABNs)

Australian Business Register (part of the ATO)

13 92 26

Search ABNs external-icon.png

Apply for an ABN external-icon.png

Back to top


Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)

Scamwatch external-icon.png

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission external-icon.png

Back to top

Workplace safety, bullying, employer-provided accommodation standards

Your local workplace health and safety body:

Workplace health and safety bodies

Back to top